Monday, April 23, 2007


The dust has settled on the Save Darfur Tour. 12 stages in 6 different states have been graced. 1,000's of fans, 100's of volunteers, and 10's of artists all came together for 1 cause: to help our brothers and sisters of Darfur. I feel completely and utterly humbled by what I have been witness to over the last several months - that is, seeing the tireless efforts of so many that are so compassionate about helping millions of innocent men, women, and children that have been victims of the genocide in Sudan. From the bottom of my heart, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to every single artist that took time out of their schedules to be a part of this endeavor, every sponsor and donor that helped make this tour a reality, every volunteer that supplied information and activism at the shows, and every fan that turned out for the cause and the music.


THANK YOU

I have been completely blessed to have shared the stage with Lightheaded, Sleep, Freestyle, Visionaries, Grayskul, Cas One, Vakill, Longshot, DJ Figure, Sweatshop Union, Rocket One, Improv Logic, Mudvillains, and good ol' PegLeg. Each one of these artists is worth your time and effort to track down, listen to, and support. Give each of them a google then a purchase - they deserve it.

Scion, Playboy, Bebo.com, EMusic, Hallett and Associates, Schweitzer Institue, Marv Meyer, Trylon PR, Chapman University, Michigan State University, Perea Design, and Meker Graphx all have my utmost respect for the monetary and business support they supplied to the tour. Without them, there is no way any of this could have happened.

Thank you to many of you who supported the tour through online/check donations, helped spread the word online and through word of mouth, and came to the shows. I have nothing but the utmost respect for all of you, and I mean that.

And, of course, the Save Darfur Coalition and S.T.A.N.D. The amount of gratitude I have for every single volunteer at each of these organizations is beyond words. So, I will sum it up with the tried and true method of just saying, "Thank You. A lot."

No comments: